Cygwin/Procmail stops working after setup.exe upgrade

On a platform of Cygwin over WIN2000, I have happily used
Fetchmail to call Procmail, and this has worked brilliantly
for the past few months.  However, since running setup.exe
and updating my Cygwin installation several days ago, Procmail
has stopped working.  After extensive searches through email
archives, man pages, and various experiments, I still cannot
get Procmail to write a log, so I am still unsure whether
the problem lies with Cygwin, Fetchmail, or Procmail:

At first I got messages about a "suspicious rcfile" for
Procmail, and in accordance with the man page instructions
managed to tweak the permissions and ownership of the following
files (e: is $HOME):

-rwxrwxrwx    1 tbaker   None          335 Oct 22 11:08 e:/.fetchmailrc
-rw-r--r--    1 tbaker   None          333 Oct 22 10:12 e:/.procmailrc

This put an end to the error message about the "suspicious
rcfile" -- without, however, making Procmail spring into
action.  Rather, everything just floods into my default
mailbox.  As before, my $HOME/.fetchmail says:

| set daemon 10
| set logfile /cygdrive/e/u/config/fetchmail.log
| set invisible
| set no bouncemail
| poll [**ADDRESS DELETED FOR THE POSTING**]
| 	  protocol: pop3
|     username: [**DELETED FOR THE POSTING**]
|     password: [**DELETED FOR THE POSTING**]
|     nokeep
|     fetchall
| mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" # pass message to the local MDA

And my e:/.procmailrc says:

| VERBOSE=yes
| LOGABSTRACT=all
| MAILDIR=$HOME/uc
| PMDIR=$HOME/u/procmail
| DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/MBOX2
| LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail.log
| INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/procmailrc.lists
|
| :0:
| $MAILDIR/mbox

According to the above, Procmail should at least be writing
a log file at e:/u/procmail/procmail.log -- as it always did
before -- but there is no log activity at all, and the file
has not even been initialized.

For starters, can anyone out there say whether the problem
lies with Cygwin (permissions), Fetchmail, or Procmail?

Thanks,
Tom Baker

P.S. I use:

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                                Thomas.Baker@bi.fhg.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven          mobile +49-171-408-5784