Re: Cut and Paste

Thanks. That did the trick.
-- Alan

Randall R Schulz wrote:

Alan,

Assuming you're using Cygwin in a so-called "console" Window, which is the default (the alternative being RXVT), you probably want to enable "QuickEdit" mode. Access the window properties dialog (click on the small Cygwin icon at the left of the window frame) and select "Properties." In that dialog, activate the "Options" tab and active the "QuickEdit Mode" check-box on the bottom right.

When (if) you confirm this dialog, you'll be asked whether you want this change applied to the "... current window only", or to the "... shortcut that started this window." If you did not start that shell via a shortcut, then the long-term choice will be "... for future windows with same title." Assuming you don't want to go through this ritual each time you open a new Cygwin window, choose the appropriate long-term option.

Now you'll be able to use the mouse to select text blocks and use the right button to copy those selections to the Windows clipboard.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA