Re: Openssh client under X

Thanx for the input!

I believe "ssh -x" is the default behaviour, but even when I say -x I get
the same symptoms.

What really confuses me is that it all works like a charm if I run:

$ ssh <ip-address of host I want to connect to here>

...without starting X. (i.e click on the "cygwin icon"
(C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat) -- and start an interactive shell (bash) in the
cygwin environment.

But, if I start X, (which I do with 'startx') -- and then open up an xterm
and fire away the same command ($ ssh <ip-addr>), I get connected but
thrown out right away. I mean, I'm running the same binary -- what could
be different? This leads me to believe that the problem could NOT be on
the server side, it must be my cygwin that does _something_ differently
when I run the Xserver.

Does this work for you? Can you use ssh to login to a remote host from an
xterm running in cygwin/XFree????

Again - I am not primarly interested in "tunneling X" -- I know how that
works -- the problem is connecting with ssh at all.

Any more thoughts?

(again, I'm not subscribing to the list... please email me).

/Jay

"what we do in life echoes in eternity."
               - Maximus Decimus Meridus