Numerous errors in post-install config

I downloaded Cygwin yesterday and installed it on my WinXP box
this morning.  While the install went fine, during the post-install
configuration there were many errors.  The windows appeared and
disappeared for my to give specifics, but I do remember seeing that it was
unable to find something dealing with apache, some said something about
not being able to add 'Emacs' to a menu because it already existed.  There
were about 50 of those types of message for different programs.  I don't
remember the names other than the emacs one.

There were also a lot of errors that said permission denied.

After the install, I ran cygwin to get a shell.  When the window opens, I
get the following:

/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf: Permission denied
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf: Permission denied
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf: Permission denied

Printed three times just like that.  Then I get my prompt but it says:

Administrator@RPB-13741 ~
$

But, I'm not logged in as Administrator (although I am in the local admin
group on this workstation).  Why doesn't this have my normal username
instead?

Any suggestions on how to get the post-install to work properly and get
rid of the errors?

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com