Re: What's a good term setting for rlogin?

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:26:45AM -0400, lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com wrote:
> Why not just copy the Cygwin termcap entry to the machines that you log
> into?

No Joy on modifying termcap or terminfo.

What I did discover was that a remote machine I commonly ssh into DID
work as I expected, provided I told it I was on a dtterm.

I looked at the stty settings, and realized that for some reason the
version of ssh I was using was correctly reporting the rows and columns
of the ssh window, whereas the rlogin window would not.

Simply setting the rows and columns in the rlogin session fixed this.

So the answer is "dtterm, then set the rows and columns as needed."

Now all I need is a script to automate this from within my .cshrc file.

Charles