Re: window problem with cygwin-3-13?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:11:09PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>The program below demonstrates the issue. After the second ioctl,
>getchar() becomes non-blocking and returns -1 even though it should
>(? I am not an expert on termio ...) wait for a character because of
>    sbuf.c_cc[VMIN] = 1;
>It works as expected with 3-12. This is on WinME.
>
>Incidentally what's happening is that ispell is generating infinitely
>many "bells" while getting getchar() == -1. They can be heard on the
>console. Under rxvt this eventually causes fflush(stdout) to freeze.

Mega thanks for the test case.  That allowed me to duplicate the problem.
This was caused by some recent changes to Cygwin to properly (?) deal
with VMIN and VTIME.  The description of how this is supposed to work
is pretty straightforward in the linux man page.  You wouldn't think
that implementing things so that they worked that way would be so
hard.  But it is.

I'm generating a new snapshot which should fix this.  I've downloaded
ispell from franken.de and verified that it was previously broken but
seems to work now.  I should probably incorporate this test into the
cygwin test suite.

PLEASE TRY THE SNAPSHOT and verify that I really did fix this.

Thanks again for the test suite.  That always helps the debugging
process immeasurably.

cgf