RE: cygwin/emacs remaps C-h

Hi Tom,

> I have begun running the cygwinized emacs
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2 (i686-pc-cygwin) of 2002-10-14
>
> that is setup.exe-able from cygwin 1.3.13-1. It was very easy to
> setup,

does that mean you've sorted out the terminal problem then? (I didn't have
any problems are doing the CYGWIN and TERM stuff)

by the way, if you don't have a /usr/lib (as you mentioned), there's
something very wrong with your installation!
For example, your package list mentions
 > libiconv2           1.8-2
 > libintl1            0.10.40-1
 > libintl2            0.11.5-1
 > libncurses5         5.2-1
 > libncurses6         5.2-8
 > libreadline4        4.1-2
 > libreadline5        4.3-2
these should all be in /usr/lib (which is actually the same as /lib due to
your mount points)

> but it has its quirks. One is that C-h is mapped to DEL in
> both X and -nox. Is there any way to restore it to its normal
> help-command role (without also screwing up Backspace and
> Delete)? I.e. make C-h, Backspace, and Delete works in Cygwin the
> way they do in "normal" NT emacs.

note that C-h does work if you launch emacs from an xterm (or use the X
version).

Kris