Re: export problem.

David,

Use the "source" command to process the script so that its variable-setting side-effects occur in your shell. Otherwise those variable settings happen in a sub-shell (and for exported variables, any processes it invokes). The "source" command has a synonym: "."

% help source
source: source filename
Read and execute commands from FILENAME and return. The pathnames
in $PATH are used to find the directory containing FILENAME.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA