RE: Unable to do clean uninstall

I had some problems with uninstalling then reinstalling to another
directory. I ended up searching the registry for cygnus and cygwin and
removing all references. not the neatest and/or the safest way probably but
it worked.
(insert usual disclaimers about how editing the registry directly can
knacker your computer, destroy your social life and have you barred from
your favorite pubs here.)