Executing a script that needs DOS path

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times, but could not find anything the FAQ, doc, or archives.

THE PROBLEM:

o Say I have some intrepreter xxx.exe, that expects to get started like this
xxx c:\home\my_script.xxx <arg_1> <arg_2> ...

o I want to automate this process the usual way, by adding this to the begining of the script:

#!/c/bin/xxx

hoping to be able to say:
my_script.xxx <arg_1> <arg_2>

o *** This fails, because cygwin [or bash] passes the unix path /c/home/my_script.xxx to xxx.exe which it cannot interpret.

Is there a solution to this OTHER THAN using a proxy shell that would do the unix-to-dos translation? The reason I don't like this solution is that the shell will glob and eat quotes, making it very hard to process filenames with spaces.

Thanks for any hints!