From:  nickolai.bogdatov@verizon.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:03:51 -0400
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: 1.3.12-2 how to link with MS Platform SDK

Hello,

My application controls MS DHCP Server and because of that needs to use
some calls from MS Platform SDK.
For example I have to call "DhcpCApiInitialize()" function.
I do
#include <dhcpcsdk.h>     // dhcp client options api
Compilation goes no problem. But.... when I'm trying to link it gives me a
error that cannot find function "DhcpCApiInitialize".
I have "DhcpCSvc.Lib" (import) library from Platform SDK which contains
this function.

I read most articles about this on Inet. I tried to generate ".def" file
for  DHCPCSVC.DLL but this DLL is "stripped". I was even able to generate
"def" file from DhcpCSvc.Lib, create ".a" library  and link it with my
project. But at runtime I have error "The procedure entry point
DhcpCApiInitialize@4" could not be located in the dynamic link library
DHCPCSVC.DLL"

My question is:  How do I *properly* link MS Platform SDK ".lib" files with
my project ? Is in possible at ALL ?

Regards,
Nickolai Bogdatov
Verizon Data Services, Tampa, FL