Re: grep -i -R path32 * vs grep -i -R path32 *.vb*

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

<snip>

> >>.grep -i -R path32 *

<snip>

> > This isn't a "dot problem".  This is a grep usage
> problem.
>
> Specifically, you're telling grep to only look in
> directories which have
>   '.vb' in their name.

Ok, I can live with that.  For my understanding, what
does the -R expand then?  I had visualized that -R
with grep was simular to ls -R.  Where ls -R magically
displays all files with out having to specify a search
path.  So I was thinking that grep -R magically
searched all the files without having to specify a
search path, and the *.vb* was the file designation.

However, the conclusion I'm coming to is that the
[FILE] of "Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE] ..."
is really a directory _and_ file pattern.

?
-Sheryl