rsync hangs, but there is a fix

As many of you on the list, I was suffering from systematic
rsync hangs (v. 2.5.5-1) which are especially annoying if you make daily
backups using rsync with cron -- orphaned rsyncs are accumulated over the
days and you have to kill them manually. To my joy, I found out that
the fix announced by Anthony Heading
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg01155.html) solves the
problem. After recompiling the rsync, the problem is gone. I did notice,
however, that the recompiled version is a bit slower than the original
one.

Until somebody more qualified then me will post a patch,
I've made the fixed executable rsync.exe available
from the web site:
www.addr.com/~dmitry/rsync.exe

Enjoy.
Gennady.