Re: Nethack and Cygwin - Doesn't work yet :) X11 options?

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:47:20AM -0700, Brian Rowe wrote:
> When you changed your make files did you include the
> X11 support or take that out?
> I have X11 running, works could.
> I have the X11 headers, but when I try to compile with
> this support it says it can't find them because it
> expects them in a different location.  I posted to
> Xfree for that.
> I wanted to know if yours worked without this, that
> would save some pain.

X?  For _nethack_?  Surely you jest ;)
Actually I've never tried to build nethack with support for tiles, so
I'm afraid I can't help you here.  If you do a tty-only build it will
run just fine in an xterm, of course, but I imagine you already knew
that.

> I did have the same exe issues.  I do have the real
> binary in nethackdir.  I changed the program name in
> the make file to nethack.exe and then the other stuff
> worked fine.

Much better solution than mine, in fact.

> I also changed the user to my user and the group None
> which worked fine also, then all the chmod parts of
> the make install worked fine.
> I got the 3.4 release of nethack and am working from
> that now, but it hasn't compile yet.
> The issue with strncomp was a case problem.  Is lower
> case in the standard cygwin library and uppercase
> nethack.

I am using 3.4 too.  All you have to do for this is uncomment the
#define STRNCMPI in config.h.

> I can't put to much more time into this but I think it
> would be nice if it worked.
> Thanks for the help.

My pleasure.  Good luck.

--