Re: New user question(s)

At 10:15 AM 10/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Hi List,

I'm new to cygwin, running xfree86 version.  I've attempted to look at the
faq and the
list archive and didn't see these questions.  I think they're a result of
some mis-
understanding I have of UNIX.

When I launch my cygwin window from the icon my .bashrc isn't run.  Will
someone please tell me why not?

Also after I 'source' the .bashrc the system still behaves as though my path
updates
never occurred.  I must be missing something here also.

Help will be greatly appreciated!
man bash