Re: Help with Cygwin SSH

The command below is forwarding only the command channel for ftp.  The
fact that you were able to login indicates that the tunnel is operating
correctly.

Successfully tunnelling normal FTP is difficult and normally requires
that you can configure either your client or your server so that you can
predict which ports will be used for the data connection.  There are
plenty of references about how to do this on the internet, and it is
definitely off-topic for this list.

Better yet, just use sftp.

Dave