Re: Moving cygwin discussions to Usenet? (e.g., alt.os.cygwin)

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:54:56AM -0700, Eduardo Chappa wrote:
>*** Michael A Chase (mchase@ix.netcom.com) wrote today:
>
>:) On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:48:42 -0700 (PDT) Eduardo Chappa
>:) <chappa@math.washington.edu> wrote:
>:)
>:) > For these reasons, I completely support the idea of creating an
>:) > independent newsgroup.
>:)
>:) So file the proposal.
>
>Sure, I can do that, but what do the people at redhat think about that?.
>Do they oppose, don't mind, agree?.

I think it's a stupid idea.  The idea of a bunch of ignorant people
asking each other how to do things that only marginally relate to cygwin
is certainly not a newsgroup that I want be anywhere near.  However, my
opinion doesn't really matter.  Go ahead, create a mailing list.  I
won't be reading it.  Maybe somebody clueful will join.

At least you won't have to deal with me saying that things are off-topic.
At least until the first time that someone cross-posts a "how does bash
work" message between the two lists.

cgf