Re: php compilation error = expat problem?

Andreas,
[...]
> > > I encountered problems concerning the installation of expat
> (1.95.4-1).
[...]
> Could somebody please explain the occurence of the error when compiling
> php
> (even with reinstalled expat package)(used command:
> ./configure --with-apxs --without-mysql --with-pgsql --with-expat-dir):
[...]

Do you build a shared version of expat? Because the " --with-apxs" option in
php's configure command, assumes this.

[...]
> Does the following problem correlate with a missing package and/or
> configure
> option of php (if yes, which one)? Could it be a problem with expat?
[...]

You could try a
CFLAGS="-I<path to expat include files if other than usual>"
LDFLAGS="-lexpat" configure <other options>
command, to see if this is the problem.
Of course, you could add the option --with-xml=no and eliminate this problem
:)
... or build a shared core version of apache+php (not shared modules), or a
static version.

SLao

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de