OT: RE: Performance Issues due to Anti-Virus software.

Dan,
"Good luck" is the exact term needed here, in reference to turning off NAV
Corp. Edition.  The service runs as LocalSystem, so anyone with less
privilege than that is not able to either turn it off or change anything
that is not unlocked.  The way it's set up on my computer, the option to
stop the scan is disabled, and the scheduler is locked.  Since the process
runs as LocalSystem as well, it is unkillable through the Task Manager.
I'm of half a mind to set up an ssh server just to be able to su to local
system and kill it.  But for now I live with it.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51