Re: Promoting rxvt (non-X11)

Hi,

Regarding rxvt and ^H verses ^? a better solution
is to start rvxt with a command line that includes
the option -backspacekey ^H rather than use stty.

You can do this in a windows shortcut and also in
a shell alias.

I also have a file in my home directory called .inputrc which
is used to configure the key used by bash, ftp, and some other
programs, I use the following entries (literal text) which mean
I can use the delete key as well as the backspace key, and other
keys, try it and see

"\e[3~": delete-char
"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
"\e[4~": end-of-line
"\e[H": beginning-of-line
"\e[F": end-of-line
"\e[7~": beginning-of-line
"\e[8~": end-of-line
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on

The convert-meta and output-meta settings are used so I
can use the (£) UK pound symbol. I am in the UK and have
a UK keyboard.

I hope this is helpful.

/John Vincent.