Download problems due to GNU bc package?

Hello,

A search of the cygwin archives for August and September didn't show any
mention of this, but I recently noticed that if one attempts to download
the Cygwin distribution (for local installs) and includes the GNU bc
package, only a small percentage of the available packages are actually
retrieved; uninstalling or avoiding bc seems to solve this issue.  Fin-
ding the correct "culprit" occurred when I attempted to install directly
from the mirror sites (several, in fact), and it immediately failed at
the GNU bc install, causing the whole setup program to abort.

Is this a known issue?  It seems to affect every mirror site I've tried.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but it could be very
frustrating for those for which this is also occurring...

(Please note, I'm not subscribed to the list, but I felt that if this is
a real issue, it should probably be made known if it already hasn't been
noticed.)

Ken Lareau
elessar@numenor.org