RE: Setup window size: a suggestion

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> > > My current thinking, if I can get it to work of course, is to have
> > > that one page just be bigger, but not to have user-available
> > > resizing.
> >
> > Doesn't MoveWindow () help with this issue ?
>
> MoveWindow() makes the window bigger, but does not change the positions
> of the Next/Back/etc buttons.  I think what I'll end up doing is
> MoveWindow()'ing them as well, once I figure out where to MoveWindow()
> them to.

How about a simple rule: anchor the top elements (title, icon, category,
etc) to fixed positions relative to the top of the window, and the bottom
elements (buttons, user url input, etc) to fixed positions relative to the
bottom of the window.  On resize, recompute the positions relative to the
new window size.  If you want to be more discriminating, divide the
elements of a dialog into top-left, top-right, bottom-left, and
bottom-right, and follow the above rule.  I know it sounds kind of
obvious, but sometimes the obvious needs to be said, or it'll be
overlooked.  No offense intended or implied.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file