Re: Patch for Cygwin's Emacs dired.el and loaddefs.el

Harig, Mark A. wrote:

Below is a pair of patches that I submitted to the Emacs project.
This fixes a Cygwin-specific problem, namely, that the 'dired'
"change owner" command (shift-o) does not work in Emacs in the
Cygwin environment because 'cygwin' was not being included the
list of systems returned by 'system-type'.
I just made some changes to fix UNC path support, and will include
your patches in the upcoming -8 release of the Cygwin GNU emacs.

Joe Buehler