Re: Cygwin GNU App driving Clearcase NT

Romaszkiewicz, Tom wrote:

Hi all,

I have just begun to use cygwin on Windows NT4, with the aim of using GNU Toolchain apps.
I'm having a problem with GNU PATCH (2.5.4) compiled under cygwin, interacting with Clearcase NT (4.2)

PATCH correctly senses a file to be patched is under Clearcase control, and generates the correct Cleartool checkout command line syntax accordingly (cleartool co -unr -nc <filename> ), but this operation always seems to fail.

Assuming originally PATCH was at fault, I built for Win32, and the Cleartool checkout command worked successfully.

My current thinking is my problem is about a UNIX app driving the DOS Command line, and Cygwin needs to be configured somehow? Can someone suggest anything I can try?
You can start by expanding on "this operation always seems to fail"! :-)