Re: A Simple Real World Benchmark for cygwin

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 21:51, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Yep, that's the problem.  And the reasoning for calling CoInit/CoUnint
> always as pair here since there's no way to rely on that the application
> will *not* call CoUnit somewhere in the middle of its processing.

If it does, and it didnt' call CoInit, it is an application bug, and not
our problem. Thats why there is the requirement to pair the calls - to
allow us to call it once when we need it, and once on shutdown. If we
need to call it once per thread, then IMO we simply set a per-thread
flag when we have called it.

Rob