Re: emacs 21.2-6: `new-frame'

Luedde, Mirko wrote:

I was using Geoff Voelker's FSF emacs on NT till now so I'm not completely sure what `new-frame'
SHOULD do when executed in an FSF emacs on cygwin running in a bash shell running in a cmd.exe interpreter window.

What is does is NOT open a new-frame. Instead it opens a new buffer.

Bug or feature?
That's the way the tty mode emacs works.  If you want multiple
windows, you need to run the X11 version.

Joe Buehler