Re: Updating dll info in the User's Guide

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote around 21 Aug 2002
20020821154045.GB21737@redhat.com">news:20020821154045.GB21737@redhat.com about %s:

> As is so often the case, the document maintainer would be fascinated
> by details.

And in this case, the document maintainer (which i presume you are
implying is you yourself?) gets to be told, as he has told so many
others: "look at some code, what's wrong with you, don't you run a text
editor?" ;-)

There's really no more details to give than that stated in my previous
message. There's no external CSS stylesheet referenced on the Cygwin UG
pages. OK, want code? here's the header for one such page* as it is
presented to my User Agent:

  <HTML
  ><HEAD
  ><TITLE
  >Expectations for UNIX Programmers</TITLE
  ><META
  NAME="GENERATOR"
  CONTENT="Modular DocBook HTML Stylesheet Version 1.76b+
  "><LINK
  REL="HOME"
  TITLE="Cygwin User's Guide"
  HREF="cygwin-ug-net.html"><LINK
  REL="UP"
  TITLE="Cygwin Overview"
  HREF="overview.html"><LINK
  REL="PREVIOUS"
  TITLE="A brief history of the Cygwin project"
  HREF="brief-history.html"><LINK
  REL="NEXT"
  TITLE="Expectations for Windows Programmers"
  HREF="ov-ex-win.html"></HEAD

* http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-ex-unix.html

(Indentation done to emphasize that this is a pasted-in block of text. The
malformed line breaks before the closing '>' of tags are NOT an artifact of
my email agent or copy-and-paste procedure but are literally there in the
Cygwin server docs as they are served to my User Agent.)

There are a couple standard mechanisms for including CSS stylesheets into
the HTML document. None seem to be in use here. The documentation seems to
be auto-generated by 'DocBook' which is something I know nothing about; I
suspect that this is where some answers lie, though.

   HTH,
    Soren A