Re: setup crashed

Hello, Yee!

Wednesday, August 21, 2002, 8:38:47 AM, you wrote:

YV> I downloaded and installed cygwin from my local
YV> directory.But everytime the setup.exe crashed and the
YV> setup message is :

YV> Installing
YV> cron-3.0.1-7
YV> /usr/man/man1/cpio.1

This is known issue which has been fixed in the setup.exe CVS -
go and download a snapshot version of setup.exe from http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snaopshots/.

YV> I want to recompile the setup program on my PC using
YV> Visual C++ 6.0, how can I do this ?

I'm not sure that it would be as easy as justr compilin - it's
meant to compile with with GNU tools. For sure you can build it with
Visual C++, but you have to tweak it for that compiler first.

However, read this: http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html

Pavel Tsekov