Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.1.1-2

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 12:56:16PM -0400, Tackett, Galen wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> Thanks for the updated gawk packages!
>
> I had built this version of gawk for my own use and it worked just fine, but
> my executable was about 3x larger--probably was using compiled-in code (vs.
> shared libraries) due to not having the tweaks that you made.

The trick is basically to add --without-libintl-prefix and
--without-libiconv-prefix to the configure call.  The configury
unfortunately searches for the libs and adds the full path to them
to the link stage, overriding gcc's default behaviour to look
for .dll.a link libs first.

I've send my patches to the bug-gawk list so we hopefully get it
fixed in the main trunk for the next release.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.