Re: building a cygwin DLL to run on non-cygwin app

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 01:33:23PM -0400, J. Tang wrote:
>From: Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
>>
>>It is not currently possible to load the cygwin DLL only at runtime.
>>It has to be linked on the command line.  There are no plans to add
>>this functionality.
>
>I do not understand what you mean.  Withing libcygwin.a is the symbol
>"__cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12", which sounds like what I need as my
>DLL's entry point.

It is not "currently possible".  It's broken.  You can't load the cygwin
DLL via LoadLibrary.

>It is not a problem to statically link my DLL against cygwin1.dll.  I
>do, however, need to then link my DLL against a vendor's program at
>runtime.

Just to be clear, when you link in the cygwin DLL, your code becomes
automatically GPLed.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .