Re: can CYGWIN have a different IP address to Windows?

John,
[...]
> I think this answer only applies to WinNT/2000/XP. Out of interest,
> does anyone know if the same trick can be done on Win9x ?
[...]

Just a "spread the word" (I've not actually tested). There can be more than
2 IP addresses on a Win9x box, adding more TCP/IP protocols. This is a win98
hint (dunno if it applies to 95 and/or OSR2).

Problems that arrive with this are:
1. You cannot control what network device the added protocol associates
with. I. e., if you have more than 1 network device (dial-up, VPN, etc.), you
must add protocols until you get one associated with desired network device, and
delete those unwanted.
2. Win9x stack is incomplete (most noticeable, it doesn't route), so other
problems may also appear.

SLao

http://www.gmx.net