Re: c_cc[VTIME] not working under NT

Hi!

Wednesday, 14 August, 2002 Michael Besl michael.besl@dwtgmbh.de wrote:

MB> Hi Egor, hi all,

MB> thanks for your mail. The program runs now perfect with the select()
MB> command, but only when i start the program in the Prompt-(MSDOS)-Window in
MB> WinNT. When i start it under VB6 then i see my program running in the
MB> Taskmanager but consuming 99% of cpu time and the timeout is never reached.
MB> It looks like that everything is running except any timer functions. What is
MB> the difference here?
MB> I have no other choice than to start the serial communication application
MB> under VB6.

Use strace or debugger to attach to your application and look what's
going on.

It's not very clear, also, what do you mean "running under VB6".
Is starting cmd.exe under VB6 and then running your application in cmd
window makes a difference? Have you tried to check if environment, in
which your application starts under VB6 different from your normal
environment?