From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Jelks Cabaniss
Sent: 13 August 2002 16:47
To: joel@jojet.com; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: can CYGWIN have a different IP address to Windows?

Joel Hughes wrote:

> heh! heh!
>
> thanks guys - its working now!
>
> I must have buggered something up in the httpd.conf - I reset
> back to httpd.conf.default and changed BindAddress again and it
> worked a treat. IIS is now happily sat on one IP and cygwin
> Apache is sat on the other.

If you get a moment, how about maybe a "step-by-step for dummies" post,
or even better a web page -- for all of us who would like to do the same
but don't know where to start?

Many of us have IIS running and don't want an "either-or" proposition
vis-a-vis Apache.  It never occurred to me you could have both running
on one WinXP Pro machine with one NIC.

:)

/Jelks