Re: emacs install problem (Plus: Setup.ini problems)

Joe,

I'm using the latest-- 2.249.2.5.

I just downloaded it again from the link on the Cygwin home page, and that version compares exactly with the one I used to do the problematic installation of the first Cygwin Emacs package.

Separately:

I'm also getting the pile of parse errors from the setup.ini file currently out on at least two different mirrors (HTTP mirrors.rcn.net and HTTP planetmirror.com). On sites for which I get the warning about the mirror's setup.ini being older than the one I have locally (FTP mirrors.mcs.anl.gov, e.g.) the syntax errors don't occur.

It seems that a bad setup.ini may have propagated onto some of the mirrors. Mirrors.rcn.net didn't show this problem early this morning, by the way. That download stalled part way through and my ISP subjected me to idle disconnect. When I went back to retry the download, the setup.ini parse errors were there.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA