RE: can't build QT - missing sys/ipc.h

> I'm building QT 3.0 downloaded from the cygwin cvs server.

Are you sure ? As I know qt 3.0 for cygwin is currently downloadable from the
kde-cygwin download area
There is some work in progress to add qt to the cygwin net release, but it isn't
ready.

So until that happens, it will be the best, to ask in the kde-cygwin mailing
list. See cygwin.kde.org for more informations about this

> I did make -f
> Makefile.cvs and ./config.cygwin, then I get
> qplatformdefs.h: sys/ipc.h No such file or dir
> qplatformdefs.h: sys/smh.h No such file or dir
> A look at my cygwin dir turned out not to have installed ipc.h and smh.h. I
> read in newsgroups cygwin decided to exclude these files from the cygwin
> package due to problems with windows.  where do I get the correct files?

Install the cygipc package

Ralf