Re: Top reporting on cygwin processes only?

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:23:54 -0400
Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:26:23AM +0100, Jim George wrote:
> >should ps be modified to work as top does, of course /proc would need
> >to be upgraded, or can top be modified to work as ps does, or should
> >both continue on their own but be updated to recognise all processes
> >running on a box?
>
> 'ps --help' will show you an option for displaying windows processes as
> well as cygwin processes.
>
> cgf

I'm aware that ps -W shows both but what I was driving at in my own befuddled way is, shouldn't both top and ps be capable of reporting on both, i.e bring top in to line with ps?

Based on what Corrina said this would mean a major change to one or other of the utilities since top uses /proc but ps uses the cygwin api.  Hence which, if any, should change?

Jim