Re: 1.3.12-1: bash reorders output

Manfred,

I cannot confirm your problem with this specific example, but I have seen similar problems in other contexts and there have been other similar reports from time to time. It seems timing dependent and hence may be sensitive to all sorts of hardware details and operating conditions in any given system.

Perhaps running your tests under "strace" would help you home in on the problem?

You might also want to try your simple test case using /bin/echo instead of the BASH built-in "echo."

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA