Re: Some other subject

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael A Chase" <mchase@ix.netcom.com>
To: "Samuel" <samuel@socal.rr.com>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 2:28 PM
Subject: Cygwin Newsgroups

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:34:45 -0700 Samuel <samuel@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the emotional commentary occuring in this group is more
prevalent
> > than any other technical group I have seen. I think the moderator's
> > commentary about the innapropriateness of discussing the newsgroup was
> > marginally bizare.
>
> The newsgroup portal is operated by people entirely independent of the
> Cygwin project or Redhat.  If there are any problems with newsgroups they
> need to be handled by them, not by anyone associated with Cygwin.  That's
> why discussions of newsgroup operation are inappropriate in the Cygwin
mail
> list.

You misunderstood. I did not intend to say anything disagreeing or agreeing
with what was said about the newsgroup. I was commenting on how it was said.
So it is not correct to change the subject to "Re: Cygwin Newsgroups".

I am sorry for having said anything specific. It is a general problem I am
commenting on.