Re: HPUX 11

> Are the Cygwin commands compatible with HPUX 11?
> Thanks in advance

     My recollection (from having used all 5 at a previous job some years
ago) was that HPUX was closer to GNU/Linux than Solaris and AIX, but not
as close at OSF/1akaDigitalUNIXakaTru64.

     My solution was to obtain/build GNU utilities for all the systems I
used regularly, so I didn't have to remember random niggly differences in
command line options between all the systems.  I highly recommend this
approach (what was that KO remark about snake oil?).

     Which is to say: most of what you'll see on Cygwin is, in a defacto
sense, more standard than what you'll see on HPUX (because the GNU
utilities have been ported to many more platforms that HPUX utilities.
POSIX or POSIXish utilities can be had on many platforms, but are of less,
ummmmm, utility than GNU utilities).