Re: Permission denied on a windows share

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 08:54:04AM -0700, Jehan wrote:
> Jehan wrote:

> >>It shouldn't.  If the situation is *actually* as you describe it,
> >>then there's a bug in Cygwin.  However, this requires some debugging
> >>in the environment in which this happens... yours.  Perhaps an strace
> >>of the failing call helps.
> >
> >Cool. Thanks.
> >Here is the strace from a command "cp /tmp/install.sh .", with tmp being
> >on my local drive and "." being "//server/jehan".

Hmm, I didn't mean to have to review the strace alone.

> added it myself to /etc/group because I can't get domain groups with
> "mkgroup -d" (samba (our PDC) doesn't support domain groups AFIAK) (in
> /etc/group: jehan:2007:2007:)

Wait.  It's a samba share you're accessing?  If so, we do have
problems with ntsec and samba shares.  We don't have a solution
for that, though.  Use CYGWIN='ntsec nosmbntsec' to not use
ntsec on shares.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.