Re: Setup.exe: FTP Control Timeout While Choosing Packages

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 08:27:12AM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> I've noticed that when I use an FTP mirror to download Cygwin components
> and I take too long poring over the list, clicking and selecting and
> whatnot, sometimes the FTP server will time out and close the control
> connection, and when I finally move on to the download stage, it fails
> immediately ("Download incomplete") and I'm forced (well, offered the
> option) to start over.

I've noticed this behavior too.  The work-around I use is to only download
from the HTTP mirrors; I've never seen this timeout problem with the
HTTP mirror servers I've tried.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com