When using CYGWIN to telnet to an AIX machine I got the following error" 0602-108 CYGWIN is not a recognized terminal type "

On Wednesday 10 Jul 02, meshkp@pjm.com writes:
> No problems when teleneting to Linux and using VI. AIX Problems allows only to
> scroll by line mode no page up or page down.  Is this configuration problem for
> VI on CYGWIN is there way to fix it?

I recommend you use rxvt, then TERM will be set to xterm, which your
AIX should be happy with.

If there isn't something about this in the FAQ already then I should
add it.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)