Re: Message Queue Support in Cygwin

"Mark" <mark@arriso.com> wrote:
> In the places that I have found references to the mqueue
> api functions (mq_open, mq_send ...), there is a comment
> that they are not implemented.
>
> Is there any support for message queues in any of the
> cygwin releases?

Not that I know of, but it could well be implemented via the
emerging cygserver.  Alternatively, and if you're desperate to get
mqueue's on cygwin, the newlib sources contain an implementation
for Linux (newlib/sys/linux/mq_*) that seems to depend on nothing
more than <sys/mmap.h> and <sys/sem.h>, so you might well be able
to get that code working with cygipc.  That's just a "thinking out
loud" idea, so no guarantees of its sanity :-)

BTW, does anyone know if this facility is usually implemented in
the kernel or in user libraries on Un*x systems?  Or isn't it
usually implemented (yet)?

// Conrad