Re: Setup query

In an earlier post, David Starks-Browning said...

> > Do you have an idea what this choice actually does in terms of files
> > downloaded and changes made to the installation?
>
> The setup part of the FAQ is overdue to be updated and I'll add
> something about this then.

Thanks for the response, David, though judging by the silence from
the experts on this it might be hard to discover what this control
actually does. Does no-one really know? I find that hard to believe.

And more practically, the proper place for the explanation is not in
the FAQ but on a pop-up box accessible from the setup screen. Keep
the information near where it's needed. Cygwin may be fun to play
with, but only if you like puzzles and have the time to unravel them.
For real-world users it's like running a set of tools held together
with baler twine - and each time one of them updates you have to undo
and remake the baler twine connections all over again!

C.