Re: install process hangs on when run under windows 98 (using setup v2.249.2.4)

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mark.Bevan@gwent.wales.nhs.uk>
To: <robert.collins@syncretize.net>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 8:30 PM
Subject: RE: install process hangs on when run under windows 98 (using setup
v2.249.2.4)

> I have attached a zip'ed version of the c:\cygwin\etc tree as requested

Thanks. You've got win9x don't you? I need someone else on this list who has
9x to confirm that the default content of the 'group' file should be empty.
(I don't think it should be.

All the postinstall files show as completed (they've been renamed to
foo.done). This is probably due to the failing .dll location, which setup
won't detect. IOW we haven't managed to test the problem you experienced yet
:[.

I think that a corrupt setup.ini has been released, as there was another
report of a missing cygwin package just earlier today. I haven't looked into
this yet, but will do so soon.

Rob