Re: Latex installation problem

--- Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> wrote:
> Dennis Allison <allison@sumeru.stanford.edu> writes:
>
> >> Dennis Allison <allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU> writes:
> >>
> >> Please rerun setup.exe and make sure to install one of these.
> >
> > I installed the complete set of cygwin packages.
>
> In that case, please post your /var/log/setup.log and
> /var/log/setup.log.full, and see what happens if you reinstall
> texmf-base?
>
> > The problem I am having seems to be related to the fact that the
> > teTex/texmf shipped with cygwin is not configured to run
> > out-of-the-box.
>
> Sorry to disappoint you, but they are configured to run
> out-of-the-box, and have been tested by several people to be so.
> Possibly you're hit by a [new] bug, not observed before.
>
> Did you get an error from setup.exe?  Maybe you can have a look at the
> directory
>
>     /etc/postinstall
>
> and see if all post installation scripts have been run [successfully].
> A script that has been executed, has the extension `.done.'  You may
> try running scripts that didn't run, by hand, but we'd like to know
> about that, here.  You may also try to rerun
>
>     bash /etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done

Jan,

I can confirm LaTeX/TeTeX is working great here.  I've managed to get a
working jadeTeX and doctools going as well, so now I can build db
documentation.

Question:  Any plans to release a few "test" TeTeX-betas?  From what I
gather on the TeTeX mailing list, it is ripe and almost ready to release.
Plus there is some sort of rumor that a new pdfTeX will be included.  This
would be the time to squash any bugs before it does get released, given
the infrequency of TeTeX updates...

Cheers,
Nicholas