RE: Useful Cygwinism: "Explorer Here"

Well, that works too, as does "explorer .".  But I say, why walk when you can
ride?  My "x" solution has some definite advantages:

1. Just about the absolute minimum amount of typing possible[1].  "x" is more
than 5 times less typing than "cygstart ."; just imagine how much longer your
fingers are going to last with *five times less* keypunching!
2. In the most common case when you don't specify a path and want the current
directory, no intervening program is executed.  For whatever that's worth.
3. Results in no "why does it say 'cygstart: command not found' when I type
'x'?" issues.
4. I didn't know about cygstart ;-).  Looking at it, it may well be worth
putting it in the 'path given' case, so it'll not only open directories in
explorer, but anything and everything you give it.  Hmmmm, keep an eye out for
"Explorer Here II"....

[1] That's bait to get somebody to tell me, "oh yeah, well put this in your
.whateverrc file and do it in ONE keypress!" ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.