RE: Useful Cygwinism: "Explorer Here"

> >>Does this enables you to open a shell on folders and on drives?
>
> > not for drives, in fact ...
>
> >>Also with the version at my site you get a startup file in the
> >>cygwin root with a call to rxvt like this:
> >>
> >>rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -fg lightblue -geometry 90x30 -bg
> midnightblue -sb \
> >>  -tn rxvt  -fn "Lucida Console-14" -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i
>

> > why don't use ~/.Xdefaults ?
>
> Does this always work (even when calleing without X)?

Yes, it does. It is what I use (and I don't have X installed)

> > is there an uninstaller ?
>
> Yes, installation is done via default Windows .inf files so it can be
> unistalled with 'Add/Remove Software' from the
> settings->control panel.

Just to warn you, the (original) uninstaller doesn't remove _all_ registry
keys (on W2K), so the 'rxvt here' on the menu doesn't go away. I sent Gerrit
an 'update' a while ago which fixed that (but also had some other errors
which I have since fixed). Gerrit may or may not have updated the
distribution...
 The update also allowed you to install (and uninstall) multiple command
shells with the same install package.

Dave.