RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.11-3

Thank you for making it (the timing issue) public.
It helped resolve a problem I was having.

I have a process that does the following steps:

   1. generate assembly language from c code
   2. assemble the .asm into .o
   3. archive the .o into .a

With 'make' this worked well on the first pass
through these three steps, but if I invoked 'make'
immediately after the .a was generated, then 'make'
thought that the .a was out-of-date with respect to
some -- but not all -- of the .o files.

The reason?  The recorded dates for the .o's within
the .a was within the same second as the timestamp
for the .o's.  If I ran 'make' a second time, then
the timestamps of "internal" .o's was different from
the .o files.  A third invocation of 'make' found that
the .a was up to date.  But this is an error because the
.a should have been up to date after the first invocation.

The "solution"?  I added step 1a. "sleep 1":

   1. generate assembly language from c code
   1a. sleep 1
   2. assemble the .asm into .o
   3. archive the .o into .a

I don't know if this will be a common problem or not.

Should it be considered part of the standard Cygwin build
of 'make' that the '--disable-nsec-timestamps' be used
during configuration?