Re: problems with current cvs release

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:18:31 +0200, Corinna wrote:

>> > with bzip2.

>> > You actually wonder about that result when trying to bzip the
>> > cygwin dll itself?
>> >
>> Of course no, it was a copy, not the one in /bin. I have tried this with another
>> files with the same results.
>
>This should only happen with files which are locked by another
>process (e. g. dlls).

I wonder if windows was looking in the current directory before memory
for the cygwin1.dll to run when loading gzip, and the target of the
compression got loaded.

Does your path have a . in it, or perhaps this is in the default
search path for dll's?

What happens if you go to a subdirectory and try 'gzip ../cygwin1.dll'
or go up a level and try 'gzip whatever/cygwin1.dll'?

Chris